Regulating the Production, Manufacture, Possession, Transport, Import, Export, Purchase and Sale of Liquor.
- Control of Excise related crimes through detection, prevention, investigation, and prosecution of offences under the law.
- Prevention of illicit trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances under N. D. P. S. Act, 1998.
- Levying and collection of duties of Excise and countervailing duties on alcoholic liquors for human consumption.
- Collection of other Excise revenues like license fee, Export fee, import fee, fines, toddy rentals, tree tax etc.
- Formation of Toddy Tappers Cooperative Societies under A. P. Cooperative Societies Act.